Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Truly a Blessing

Hello, it's Bridget here to share an easy card with you today!  
A watercolor background means it requires no coloring, and every attempt results in a
 unique look!  Using watercolor paper gives a beautiful thick texture and
 insures that any warping or buckling is kept to a minimum - 
I used 300 gsm or 140 lb. here.  I then used a large
 brush to cover the panel with water before brushing in strokes of Ranger
Distress Barn Door.  If the paint or distress ink doesn't move around enough,
 it can be helpful to spray it with additional water until
you get that satisfactory misty, watery look!  
I stamped the poppy image and sentiment from the lovely set Precious Poppies
 in Versafine Black Onyx ink.  Make sure the panel is thoroughly dry
before stamping or else the ink from stamping the image may bleed out.
The finishing touches are some matching sequins and 
twine and the panel is then adhered to a black card base.
My sister was just here for a visit from the U.S. and now I'm
feeling the sadness of saying good-bye.  Without having any family
living here in my adopted country of Northern Ireland, I'm even more
grateful for the dear friends God has given me.  There is more than one
to whom I can send this card with the heartfelt sentiment....
"You are truly a blessing, Friend."
Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is wonderful Bridget! I love the waterclouring...such a beautiful shade of red! :) I hope you're not too lonely...I'm sure your friend will really appreciate this card :)
Lizy xx