Thursday, March 5, 2015

Beautiful Friend....

{Jane Bosi}  Happy Thursday, Sweet Friends!!

It seems odd to be dreaming of spring like things, creating springy cards, coloring butterflies....and, all while the snow still flies here in Central Wisconsin.  Since art often imitates life, I am hoping my springy, soft card will soon be imitated out my window!

I started with the Bookmarks & More Dies and some pretty papers from The Paper Studio.  I cut and mounted both bookmark pieces on dark brown card stock, trimming a thin edge around the patterned paper.  I also used one of the edge dies from Bookmarks & More Dies on the bottom of the kraft card stock for a subtle accent.

The shorter of the two bookmark pieces was just the right spot for my sentiment.  It, along with the larger butterfly, can be found in this month's Sweet Perk's bundled set, New Creature.  I'm super thrilled with the new dies!  I am a fan of fussy cutting, as a general rule.  I find it very therapeutic, but the dies lend themselves to a more polished look for my finished work---I can still find other reasons for fussy cutting!

The two smaller butterflies come from the Parisian Postcard set.  Don't they all look like the just fluttered down from a sunny, warm sky??

Here's hoping!  Have a great day and, don't forget to be awesome!
TTFN, Jane

3 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

I really like this card. I had to pin it so I can try it. Good job.

Cathymac said...

Beautiful, Jane…love the layout and the pretty papers!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Love the way you nestled your greeting in the space on the patterned paper. Great job coloring the butterflies, too. Tfs!