Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Praying for You

Hi girlies and welcome to Tuesday! Kim here with you today to share a sneaky peek at a soon to be released stamp set, Lovely Lotus. 

As soon as I received this beautiful set, I knew I had to create a watery scene in which to display one of the blossoms. This background was super easy to create, here's how:


  1. Start with three Distress Inks and a blending tool. I used Tumbled Glass, Crushed Olive, Hickory Smoke, and Chipped Sapphire. 
  2. Die cut a small circle to act as the sun/moon and place on the top portion of your paper. (I used some low tack tape to hold it in place).
  3. Begin with Tumbled Glass and apply the ink to 3/4 of the card, leaving the bottom half without ink.
  4. Use Chipped Sapphire to add a darker blue around the moon.
  5. Add Crushed Olive to the bottom of the card. Use the blending tool to smooth out any hard lines so that the colors flow from one to the other.
  6. Use a piece of scrap paper and the Hickory Smoke ink to add a horizon line under the moon.
Once my background was completed, I added some flowers and grass using the Nature Silhouettes stamp set, stamping in black Archival Ink. I stamped the Lotus Blossom image on a separate piece of cardstock, colored with Copics, and fussy cut before attaching to the card front with foam tape. I then used a white gel pen to add some water marks. Finally, I added a few sweet dragonflies to the top of the card. All that was left was to assemble my card! This is actually a large card...7" tall so I'll probably attach this to a piece of chipboard to create a wall hanging.

I hope you enjoyed today's project...and get ready for the full reveal!! 

2 comments:

merrymstamper said...

Wow! this is simply stunning.
The depth of colour is beautiful.

Korin said...

Wow! This is stunning!