Monday, August 17, 2015

Color Kissing Tutorial


Good morning sweet friends,

Jenny here today with a super fun tutorial using
some of my favorite Sweet 'n Sassy products!

Sometimes I like to add a pattern to
my solid image stamps.  Color kissing is
the perfect way to achieve that effect.

To start you need a solid image stamp.
Think balloons, butterflies, houses, flourishes,
pretty much any solid image will work.  I picked
a mini gift tag from the Mini Tags and Sentiments Set.

Next choose a patterned border or background stamp.
I like the fact that with a background stamp you
don't have to worry about kissing your stamp more
 than once to cover your solid image if it's large.
My choice was the Floral Pattern Background stamp.
 I also used a sentiment from the new Little One Set.


Enough said...let's get this started!
Stamp your solid image onto white 
card stock.  I found that this technique works
best by using a lighter shade of ink for your solid image.


Next ink up your background stamp or border
with a darker ink.


Then take your solid stamp that has been cleaned,
and stamp (kiss) it onto your inked up patterned background.


Now you are ready to stamp your "patterned" solid
stamp to your image.  Line up carefully.


Here is my result after die cutting
my tag with the Mini Tag Die Set.

Now my tag is ready for my card.


I adore the pop of pattern on my CAS card!
The Decorative Frame Stamp Set provided me
with the word "for" on my card.  I love to mix up
different fonts and text sizes.


The design of my card was inspired by


To give you more ideas on how
you can use this technique and different 
color combos, I brought
out my You're a Star stamp set.
By the way....with school starting this
set is wonderful to use to create 
teacher cards, tags and gifts!


How fun are these stars now?


Great to have ready to use on a card,
gift tag, or punch holes on the tops
and string a banner.

You can find all the Sweet 'n Sassy stamps and dies 
I used today below.  Just click an image to shop.
All other products are listed on my blog.

I hope my tutorial inspired you
to try this technique.  I had so much
fun sharing it with you!

Hugs,

Jenny

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click on an Image to Shop.


3 comments:

Cathymac said...

How fun, Jenny! Thanks for sharing this fabulous tutorial…it's so good to be reminded of those forgotten techniques! Now off to try this! Hugs!

stampingbowd said...

Jenny, this is a fabulous idea! I love how you made the tag really stand out by adding the kissing technique! Cute card!

MiamiKel said...

How deligjtful! Such a wonderful pop of color snuggled into your very demure and cute card ❤️