Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Star of WONDER...

Hello! It's Monika here today with a Christmas card.
The September release was full of wonderful holiday stamps so I am determined to grow my very small stash of holiday cards.
 
 
 
 I saw so many beautiful backgrounds during our release blog hop... I wanted to get inky and make my own. I sponged Weathered Wood, Salty Ocean and Black Soot distressed inks onto my background, then I stamped the silhouette image from We Three Kings clear stamp set with Jet Black Archival ink.
Next I stamped the greeting and the star images with VersaMark ink and embossed them with silver embossing powder.
To accommodate the size of the silhouette image, I made this card narrower than usual. It is 3-3/4" x 5-1/2".

I made several backgrounds for future use. As you can see, each turned out a little bit different (I also added some purple to couple of them)...


Thank you for stopping by today,
Monika





 

7 comments:

merrymstamper said...

These backgrounds are gorgeous, Monika! I love the night scenes with these silhouettes. Beautiful work :)

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh my goodness Monika, these are just beautiful! I have to pin these to use as a sample. Thanks so much for sharing your talents!

Jane Bosi said...

So beautiful!!! So glad I have this set!

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous, Monika! Love your backgrounds and the gold splatters on the one!

Stampin_melissa said...

Wow! These backgrounds are spectacular!

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

I really love the backgrounds you made!

stampingbowd said...

Wow, Monika your backgrounds are stunning!!!!!