Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Happy Birthday!

Hello! It's Monika here today with a set of birthday cards.
I needed to make some birthday cards so I decided to go Clean & Simple (CAS) and make a number of cards (several of the same designs). 
 
 
I had the Chunky Alpha clear stamp set out on my desk so I incorporated some of the letters into the greeting. It's fun mixing up your greetings and letters... there are so many different ways you can mix n' match images.
On the first card, I masked off the first letter of the words from the Companion Words clear stamp set, and used the letters from the alphabet set to make it more interesting:
 
 
On my second card, I stamped HAPPY with pink ink and stamped birthday with black ink. It game me a nice contrasting look:
 
 
On my last card, I used 2 different stamp sets to stamp out the greeting. Happy was part of a retirement greeting from the Retirement Sentiments clear stamp set, but I masked off the rest of the words:
 
 
I worked with 2 different shades of the same color... one dark and one light...
The cupcake image came from Birthday Bash clear stamp set. It has a coordinating die set (which is not available at the moment), but you can just stamp up the frosting image, cut it out and use that as a template to make the sparkly frosting. I had a bunch die-cut from ages ago so I used those to make several cards.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Monika
 




 

1 comment:

Judy Rozema said...

These are so CUTE!! I love how you integrated the Chunky Alpha!