Thursday, April 6, 2017

Foiled Stamped Flowers with Floral Greetings & Peaceful Peonies

Hello, it's Gracie Chavez from Graciellie Design. I love using transparencies on cards. I usually use vellum because of how delicate it looks. So I decided to use one of Sweet 'n Sassy's latests flower stamp from a set I designed -Floral Greetings- in a non-traditional way. I used a quick and easy DIY technique to foil the flowers on heavyweight vellum to create these stamped embellishments.


First, I stamped the flowers using pigment ink (which works just as well as any embossing ink), and I then heat embossed the images in gold. But because I wanted to create a metallic on metallic effect I went ahead and foiled the flowers in silver. All I did was cover the images with a piece of silver foil transfer sheet and ran them through a laminator making sure to wrap the stamped flowers within at least 2 copy paper sheets folded in half, to avoid the embossing powder from melting completely. This trick will allow you to get a distressed foil effect that lets some of the embossed areas to show. In the end, you get a beautiful silver on gold metallic finish.


I fussy cut the flowers and used them to frame the wonderful verse from Peaceful Peonies. I layered a few die cuts and used metallic, shimmery, gorgeous papers to go along with the metallic tones on the images. I added a few touches of beige here and there to make the sentiment pop and tie all the monochromatic layers together. I love the result, but I'm sure this card wouldn't have been the same without these beautiful stamps!




For more details on these and other stamp sets from our latest releases please visit Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps shop. For more inspiration make sure to subscribe to the blog so you never miss our design team's projects. (There is so much inspiration here!)

Thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments: