Thursday, September 7, 2017

Stamped & Stenciled One Layer Cards with Mason Jar Bouquet

It's Gracie from Graciellie Design with a new cardmaking idea to share. I'm saying good-bye to Summer with a set of colorful stamped and stenciled cards. I had lots of fun making these so I'm happy to be sharing them with you today!




I started out by picking my color palette. I wanted to go for a bright and unique color combo and that is how my first card came to life in yellow and green. I stenciled the backgrounds with a Distressed Details stencil using mostly ink. I did stencil a few patterns with heavy body acrylic paint in yellow and silver metallic.



I stamped and colored the flowers with Spectrum Noir markers and then added a stamped banner with the sentiment. This is a one layered card. I didn't add card panels at all and that is why I love these designs so much. If you use a nice cardstock you are able to add lots of ink and paint layers, but of course make sure to use as little medum as possible.


My second card came about as a consequence of the first one. I thought I should make another card using also yellow and so I combined it with hot pink. I tried to follow the same stencil design I had added to the first one, which is not precisely simple, but I was able to achieve the same look with a similiar stenciling.

Making these cards lifted my spirit on a very hard day, so I hope I they can also cheer you up and inspire you to create something pretty today! Until next time.

No comments: