Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Warm Cocoa Wishes

Hi Everybody, Regina here.... 

It has been in the high 70's the last few weeks and now it's in the low 60's and 50's.  That's COLD for Mississippi weather lol.  I know, if you live up North you're chuckling right now. :)

I love to drink flavored coffees and hot chocolate when it starts getting cooler outside so I thought it was time to pull out this stamp set by Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps called Winnie's Warm Wishes








I used a Tim Holtz stencil for the background called Holiday Knit.  I love this stencil for holiday and winter cards.  For the very first time, I used my new Clarity Stencil Brushes.  I like the soft look but you do have to apply many layers.  I tend to press harder with a jumbo sponge dauber and always seem to make it darker than I would've liked so these definitely will solve that problem.  I used Gina K Designs Ocean Mist and Jellybean Green Inks and card stocks. 

I colored the cups with Copic Markers and added Nuvo drops in Gloss White on the marshmallows for some dimension and shine.  For some subtle shine on the hearts, I used the Sakura Glitter Pen in Clear Star.  You'll notice there is one cup in this set.... I mirrored it to make the other one. I used a piece of acetate and stamped the cup in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and pressed it gently on the card stock.  It's not going to stamp as crisp as the original one but I went over it with a black Faber Castel PITT Artist Pen with super fine tip and cut them out. 

Next I embossed the words I wanted for the card on Gina K Designs Black Onyx card stock with Brutus Monroe Alabaster Ultra Fine Embossing Powder and cut into strips. 

To finish it off, I used clear sequins which I think add such a lovely touch without interrupting the other items on the card. 

I like this stamp set also to make cards to send out after the New Year as well. 

For more inspiration, please visit my blog at http://cardsbyregina.blogspot.com

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

No comments: