Monday, June 2, 2014

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!


Hello! It's Bridget here today to share an easy card for using up strips or ends 
of cardstock that you have lying around!  Go with any color theme 
or a rainbow one and choose any die-cuts, but here I used the fabulous
 SNSS Stars Die Set .  Your dies will need to be broken apart for a design like this -
I always hesitate to do that as I'm afraid I'll loose the little 
ones, but I'll just have to be extra careful!
Because I don't always take the time to put each die back right away 
when I'm in the middle of designing a card, I keep a little 
box to throw my dies into - then they're safe and 
sound for putting away when I'm cleaning up.
 It's best to use a lighter color for the strip stamped with the 
sentiments - these are from a very useful recently released 
set So Thankful - it has 23 mix and match sentiments, 
so it's perfect for a design like this with multiple stamping!
Various widths of strips were adhered to the panel, then it was turned over
to trim each side.  The stars are then placed in position to
 leave a strip for the sentiments.  Normally I use the C plate on the bottom, 
dies next, cardstock next, and then the B plate when using my Cuttlebug - 
but in order to keep the dies in just the right place on the panel, I used a "sandwich" 
directly opposite with the B plate on the bottom so that it's easy to  
lay the stars in just the right place for cutting.
The panel is then popped up on the white card base with plenty of dimension 
and it's finished with a few sequins in random places.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, have a great week!

1 comment:

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Love the colors in this card! Neat idea to die cut the stars and pop the negative up on the card base. I'm pinning this for future reference--I see a card-lift coming in my future. :) Tfs!