Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Flowers In Bloom


Good Morning! 
It's Ceal here sharing a card I made using the set Flowers In Bloom. This has always been one of my favorite sets and now there is a die to cut your image out for you as well, no more fussy cutting.  By using the die you can also do this cool technique that gives your image a shadow. Here's how, start with a white piece of card stock cut 5 1/4 X 4, stamp your mage in the center using Memento ink and color it, I used Copic markers. After I colored my image I took a blue B00 and gave it a halo all the way around it and blended it out with B000 and B0000.  The next step is to die cut your image using the coordinating die, but do not throw away the negative because it will become your mat.  You will then select your base color which will be your shadow, I used a light gray. Pop up your image and place it down in the negative just a little off centered and then you will have your shadow.  Easy peasy with a cool effect.


1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Ceal. Love the soft blue behind the die-cut flower.