Sunday, April 26, 2015

Crabby...

Happy Sunday, friends!  Wishing you a most blessed day!  Kim here, sharing a summer-themed card because I am longing for warmer weather.  Those of us in the northeast are still waiting...LOL!

This is a sweet little card I created with the darling Happy Ocean Friends stamp set.  I love all things beachy and I adore the sweet critters that are included in this set.  

I started my card by creating a cloud background.  I did this by hand cutting a cloud pattern and using a blending tool and Distress Ink to sponge on the clouds.  The sun is just a hand punched circle with a bit of More Mustard Distress Ink on the edges; it's attached with foam tape.  The sand is bits of hand torn kraft cardstock; the edges have been inked and I added a few dots of black and white pen, which mimics the sand.  My sweet crab was stamped on cardstock and colored with Copics.  He (or maybe mine is a she since she's apologizing for being crabby! Pretty sure I made this for my hubby...LOL!) is fussy cut and attached with foam tape.  My entire beach scene was added to a paper covered card base and the sentiment was added last.  Super sweet and easy...and sure to put a smile on someone's face...even if you are apologizing...*wink*

Enjoy!

No comments: