Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Fun with Speech Bubbles


I'm absolutely delighted to be a guest designer with Sweet 'n Sassy 
Stamps for the month of April - I feel right at home with 
the SNSS team, such a lovely and talented bunch of ladies!
Today I've got two cards to share with you using the fantastic 
Speech Bubbles Dies along with several sentiment sets.  I love how 
these dies can be used in such a variety of ways - along with
images or with sentiments alone, as I've done here,  I
consider them an absolute staple in a die collection!
For the first card I've sponged three colors on the top panel before 
cutting with the Speech Bubble Dies. The sentiments are from the very 
useful So Thankful, a great set with mix and match 
phrases for cards of appreciation and thanks. The sponged die-cut
panel is popped up over the stamped card base.



For the second card I've cut a variety of speech bubbles and sponged
them half in half with an array of  rainbow colors using
mostly Ranger Distress inks.
The sentiments are from God is Bigger which has such encouraging 
 and uplifting phrases and words!
I layed out the speech bubbles beforehand with the actual dies
 and then took a photo with my phone to remember
where I'd decided to place everything before stamping
and sponging each individual piece and adhering.
I think the key to a lay out like this is to keep it random
and place some of the bubbles going off the edge.
Each speech bubble has been popped up to a different level
so there's a variety of dimension.  I tried a few types of
embellishments such as sequins and twine but ended up
keeping it all clean and simple!
Thanks for stopping by today, and thanks to the SNSS team
for letting me join the fun this month!



5 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

I love your cards AND those speech bubble dies! Super cute!

Cathymac said...

Very creative use of these dies, Bridget, and I'm loving the brilliant colors! Both cards are simply fabulous!

Rosy Newlun said...

What encouraging cards, filled with rainbows of color! Super designs!!!

Jane Bosi said...

CLEVER!! These are the kind of projects that make me want to own stamps and dies!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute and fun cards Bridget. Love the fantastic colors.