Thursday, July 14, 2016

Butterfly Flourish

Hello to all!!! :)

My name is Kari and I will be your Sweet and Sassy Stamps designing host for this week :)
I am soooo excited being that this is my first exhibit here at SNSS.  I can't wait to share what I have created with you.

This week I have used the Butterfly Flourish stamp set by Sweet and Sassy Stamps-- which you too can use to create beautiful masterpieces :)



To make this card I first cut my paper to my desired size. Then I used the MISTI to stamp my butterfly image where I wanted it. With this card I used a blue spectrum ink pad along with the Tempting Turquois and Gable Green markers.  I then applied clear embossing powder for a nice finished look. I let the ink dry for about 3 minutes just to ensure it wouldn't smear when I put it in a dry embossing folder. I used a Mum flower folder by the Paper Studio and chalked the flowers lightly with Summer Sun, More Mustard and Rose Red.  I applied the Tempting Turquoise ribbon to the card.  I layered the base with white then Gable Green card stock.  Next I placed it on the white card stock base.  I stamped another set of butterflies which I cut out by hand to give the card some dimension. 


Next I added some glitter to the butterflies just for good measure ;)  After the glitter was dry I applied the pearls to the body of the butterflies.  I used a Tim Holtz die cut for the "Thank You" sentiment which is also in the Butterfly Flourish stamp set by Sweet and Sassy Stamps.  I applied two larger pearls just to have some continuity across the card.


And there you have it... the finished product!!  All possible due to the wonderful stamp sets you can find at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps :))  I pray you all have a wonderful time making your creations with the awesome stamp sets SNSS offers you.  I know I am :)

Thanks for stopping by :) Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

kngwd89 said...

Your use of the Tim Holtz die cut was a great addition to your card.

Cathymac said...

Beautiful, Kari! Love the varigated colors on the butterfly flourish, the dimension of the popped up butterflies, and the subtle coloring on the textured background. Thanks for the easy to follow instructions for recreating this beauty! Fabulous first post! Hugs!

Unknown said...

There's a die cut for those butterflies??? I wish I knew that before I hand cut those babies out....lol. :)