Monday, February 27, 2017

Sending Prayers with Floral Greetings

Hello Sweet Friends!  Julie here to share a Mixed Media card that I created with the new Floral Greetings stamp set. 


I just love this clear stamp set that was designed by Graciela Chavez, (Graciellie Design)! The flowers are absolutely gorgeous as well as the font on the sentiments- don’t you agree? 

I started by heat embossing the Floral Greetings image with black embossing powder on white cardstock and used water based markers to watercolor the image. I added a few highlights to the flower centers with a white paint pen.


I used a stencil with a stencil brush to lightly apply a soft pink ink to a piece of white cardstock for the background panel, stitched this panel to a piece of black cardstock with a sewing machine before layering onto white and black cardstock.

A scrap piece of patterned paper was stitched in place before adding the watercolor focal image panel with dimensional foam.

The sentiment from Floral Greetings was heat embossed with white embossing powder onto black cardstock and I finished off the card with the bow, button and a few pearls.


Thanks again for taking the time to stop by- I hope I have inspired you today to create something fun this week!  Hugs and have a blessed week, sweet friends!

2 comments:

Donna W said...

Very pretty card! Love how you stenciled the red background with pink. I never think to use my stencils, thanks for the reminder. I also love your pretty bow.

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Awesome elegant card! Love the color scheme & stitching especially. Tfs! :) ~ Andrea