Saturday, February 10, 2018

No spring skips its turn

Spring flowers... I can't wait for them to bloom. I have a lot of daffodils in my garden and the little green stems are coming out of the ground now, but I hope to have a wonderful sea of yellow flowers soon.

So while I'm waiting for my garden to get all these wonderful colors I decided to color these beautiful spring flowers from the Spring Blossoms stamp set. I stamped the flowers on watercolor paper and colored them with watercolor markers and a water brush. I die cut a window out of my card so I could add the watercolor panel behind it. At first I was thinking to stamp my sentiment on the larger border at the bottom of the card but the little sentence 'No winter lasts forever, no spring skips its turn' fitted perfectly on top of the watercolored piece. So now I felt like something was missing on the bottom part of the card. So I decided to stamp another tulip and cut it out to give the card a little bit more dimension. I adhered the tulip with foam tape so it's really on top of everything else. I added a couple of sequins to give the card a little bit more sparkle and that's it for today!

I hope you're inspired to create something with these amazing flowers too :)

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/spring-blossoms-clear-stamp-set/
- Lucinde

No comments: